Job Title: Business Development Manager / Sales and Operations Manager – View PDF →
Position: Full Time, office-based position (some remote work).
Contract: 12 months contract
Salary: Available upon request (dependent upon experience)
Closing date: 15th June 2019
UK Applicants only.
Kube is seeking a Business Development Manager to take a lead on the sales and marketing efforts within the team. The successful candidate will be analytical, organised, and enthusiastic, and be passionate about serving Muslim communities worldwide.
Responsible for the overall sales and marketing plan, the BDM will be tasked with maintaining and developing a strategy that sustains the company’s recent growth and profitability, and explores the unique opportunities of a niche, diverse publisher. Reporting to the director, this role will offer variety, autonomy and the opportunity to be part of an ambitious and growing business.
Previous sales experience is essential as is some understanding of the global niche Muslim market that Kube specialises in. Previous experience in the publishing industry is highly desirable; fluency in either Urdu or Arabic is desirable.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key customers/buyers in East Asia and Australasia
- Manage key distributor relationships and continuously update and improve the content/metadata available to them
- Seek out new customers, including outside of the usual channels, such as organisations and charities
PR and Marketing
- Set a promotional schedule for global trade customers and manage it to meet targets, including:
- Preparing an annual catalogue
- Launching seasonal Ramadan and Eid campaigns
- Share timely sales materials to the team, external reps and customers, in both physical and digital formats, about:
- New titles
- Promotional offers
- Distributed lines
- Active/inactive customers lists, customer interest reports etc
- Work closely with the marketing executive to discuss ideas and plan campaigns
- Represent Kube at book fairs, both national and international, and community events
- Monitoring sales and stock levels to ensure availability of all titles by Kube, distributed publishers, and wholesale lines
- Working with the director to ensure reprints are timely and cost-effective
- Interacting with internal systems to add and track orders and customers
- Preparing royalty reports
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org